SAFE’s Ambassador Alfred Hoffman, Jr. Center for Critical Minerals Strategy held a briefing and panel discussion to examine how mineral supply chains affect American competitiveness and national security.
Minerals and metals form the basis of our increasingly electric and connected world:
- Do we risk off-shoring more U.S.-based manufacturing without re-shoring or nearshoring parts of the mineral supply chain?
- How can Americans and our allies be better equipped to fully compete in the transportation, energy, defense, and technology industries of the future?
This briefing will examine key sectors reliant upon critical minerals and what it means for them if the United States and our allies are reliant upon other nations for all parts of the minerals supply chain.
- Dr. Nina French, Technical Director, Advanced Energy and Materials, Defense Innovation Unit (DIU)
- Robert Schilp, Director of Global Electrified Powertrain, Transmission & Driveline Purchasing, Ford Motor Co.
- Carl Oberland, Vice President, Procurement, Siemens Industry Inc.
- Dr. Murray Hitzman, SFI Professor of Economic Geology at University College Dublin and Director of the Irish Centre for Applied Geoscience (iCRAG).