SAFE Commanding Heights is the non-partisan initiative dedicated to advancing critical supply chains for America’s transportation and energy needs.
- To secure the supply chains vital for our national security and economic prosperity.
- To build industrial capacity in America for batteries, semiconductors, and other strategic materials.
- To construct electric vehicle supply chains from minerals to markets.
- To ensure Americans have a future that is full of high skilled, well-paying jobs.
- Educating U.S. political and business leaders.
- Driving change in policy and legislation.
- Building bipartisan coalitions.
- Leveraging America’s core values and principles to create a competitive economic advantage for the U.S. and allied businesses.
- Working with allies and likeminded nations to secure diversified, environmentally responsible, and transparent supply chains.
- Organizing Track II forums of U.S. and allied businesses and government leaders to boost supply chain security.
The Commanding Heights Of Global Transportation report contains comprehensive recommendations that enable the United States to compete with China.
Calculating the labor market impact of the recommendations contained in its Commanding Heights of Global Transportation report, The Commanding Heights of Global Transportation: Quantifying the Employment Effects shows SAFE’s recommendations will create 647,000 jobs over the next 1-5 years.
The Commanding Heights Initiative is also home to the Ambassador Alfred Hoffman, Jr. Center for Critical Minerals Strategy, dedicated to building secure, sustainable and ethical supply chains for electric vehicle batteries in North America.
Admiral Dennis Blair, (Ret.) Chairman, SAFE, Former Director of National Intelligence and Commander in Chief, U.S. Pacific Command
Robbie Diamond: Founder, President and CEO, SAFE
Jeffrey Jeb Nadaner PhD/JD: Executive Director, Commanding Heights initiative and SAFE Executive Vice President of Government & Public Affairs
Abigail Wulf: Director of the Ambassador Alfred Hoffman, Jr. Center for Critical Minerals Strategy at SAFE
Jeffrey Gerlach: Director of Policy
Alex Hutkin: Director of Legislative Affairs
Bridget Dunn: Director of Communications
Gourang Wakade: Vice President of Development
Alyssa Siddiqui: Managing Director of Corporate Engagement
Ron Minsk: Senior Advisor
Peter Flory: Senior Fellow
Thayer Scott: Senior Fellow